Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for input on my Kickstarter Campaign

Posted by SavantUSA 
Looking for input on my Kickstarter Campaign
March 14, 2014 02:09PM
Hello! My name is Liz Havlin and I am working on a project to bring to market a couple different types of tabletop filament extruders!

I was thinking DIY kits and assembled machines.

I am aiming to build a 3D printing army to help me with the printed parts.

Does anyone want to come to South Seattle and test print filament in the next week or so and get their RepRap in our video?

Thanks in advance for all advice and input

- Liz

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lizhavlin/931234820?token=d32229e6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 02:10PM by SavantUSA.

- Liz Havlin

3DforED.com

Building Blocks for the Future
Re: Looking for input on my Kickstarter Campaign
March 14, 2014 08:16PM
Moved this topic to "General" since it is not yet set up as a crowdfunding campaign, and "Bounties" was not the right place for it.

The Kickstarter draft page is pretty sparse of details. From what I can gather, your extruder is taking plastic welding rod and re-extruding it to make it suitable for use with a 3D printer. What is the advantage to doing this over simply buying 3D printer filament? Is plastic welding rod really that much cheaper (per pound) than 3D printer filament? "FiL" is quite expensive, almost as much as the Filabot and much more than the Filastruder or Lyman Extruder. Does it have any advantages (other than speed) over a pellet-based extruder?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2014 01:24AM by NewPerfection.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 15, 2014 12:47AM
Not sure why anyone would want to change plastic welding rod to 3D printer filament, it's nearly the same price from what I have seen yet pellets are considerably cheaper. If you want to "grow your own" filament for cost savings then pellets is the only way to go.
March 17, 2014 09:08AM
"This is not a plywood based, garage built hobby toy."

Where do you think a majority of these printers are made? You take a shot at the majority of RepRap users and go to a RepRap forum AND the Google Group and expect nice answers.

Maybe you would be better off here - [stratasysusers.org] - where they don't use garage built hobby toys.

By the way, I need an "ink" refill for my printer.

Google Group topic - [groups.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2014 10:12AM by tjb1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login