Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLA Filament suppliers UAE?

Posted by ninjasmurf 
PLA Filament suppliers UAE?
May 02, 2014 04:27AM
HI all

Just wondering if anyone on here is living and printing in the UAE? If so where are they purchasing their filament from? I'm only using PLA at the moment but will be looking to move onto ABS soon. Was considering buying from china but was warned that cheap filament from china can have contamination in it that could damage my hot end. It would be nice to get filament at a cheap price and of good quality.
Re: PLA Filament suppliers UAE?
May 02, 2014 08:38AM
ninjasmurf
Was considering buying from china but was warned that cheap filament from china can have contamination in it that could damage my hot end.
It's not that buying from China that contaminates the filament. It's the manufacturer trying to maximize yields by using fillers or using substandard feedstock. Unfortunately that can happen with filament (and any other part for that matter) that comes from anywhere.

While my response doesn't really help you solve the problem of where to get filament, hopefully you don't just exclude a Chinese (or any other location) source just because of their location. Hopefully someone can recommend a source that is nearer to you to help save on shipping.
May 05, 2014 09:32AM
China is the factory for the world. Many people think goods from China are with bad quality and cheap price. That's not the whole story. There is factory in China who put quality first,treasure their
reputation very much.

You can contact me for filament analucia@ecoreprap.com We have sold to more than 30 countries over the world.

China 3D Printing Filament Factory
0.05mm Tolerance/22 Colors/ Fast Delivery
Ana Lucia
Tel:0086-13418510805
www.ecoreprap.com
May 26, 2014 10:57AM
Hey mate

I am planning to build a prusa i3 here in Dubai and was wondering the same.

My friend asked the local shops in industrial area and they dont carry filament.

If you are going to order , do let me know .I guess we can order together smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login