Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Home printing

Posted by maitri982 
3D Home printing
February 06, 2010 07:59PM
This is quite interesting:

[www.contourcrafting.org]

I suggest reading the paper on ceramic analysis. They use an interesting linear ball screw extruder plus they add a gimbaled trowel on the side of the extrude to smooth out the surface...
Re: 3D Home printing
February 07, 2010 12:16PM
Somewhere on this forum is a link to a youtube video that shows a machine actually using an XY plotter to lay out cement and build a building that way. Actual production, not simply a hoped for project. Alas, I can't find it sad smiley
February 07, 2010 01:12PM
I couldn't find it either...but I have not seen this being used in real home building yet, but maybe it is. the ousing crisis has realy put a damper on investment in such technologies for the time being.
February 07, 2010 03:52PM
Machines like this have been laying kerbs for decades. They're under human operator control and extruding a single-layer course, but the extrusion mechanics are broadly similar.
February 07, 2010 03:59PM
Printing a home instead of a curb is probably an order of magnitude harder. Much more to deal with in a home like compressive forces, sharp corners, strength issues, accomodation of mechanical and electrical systems, etc....

Clearly its a problem cause they aren'y printing homes yet. When they do, it should results in a radical lowering of time and costs for new homes.
February 17, 2010 07:01AM
Hi Guys

Im a masters student at Brunel University, London,and im thinking of studying the reprap, Darwin and Mendel machines.
My report will be focused on the problems anyone in the movement may have faced.

So what problems have you faced????....Feel free to list them, big or small.

The reprap machine at school is having serious malfunctions with the extruder so i know your not alone.

Id appreciate your feedback

Thanks
February 17, 2010 07:25AM
Nelson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Guys
>
> Im a masters student at Brunel University,
> London,and im thinking ...

It is not considered good forum etiquette to post the same message in six different forum topics, plus you should have started a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Hardly a good way to introduce yourself when you want help from the people here!

thumbs down

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login