Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CAUTION! Simplify3D / Reprappro Melzi Users -FIXED

Posted by rob_paragoncb 
Re: CAUTION! Simplify3D / Reprappro Melzi Users -FIXED
October 28, 2014 12:04PM
Hi Donandi,

since you have not posted I'm guessing that you may have similar problems as I have or had....not printing nicely or better put, the results were a PLA mess.
I started to transfer the configuration I had in Repetier to S3d and the results were getting better but not good.

Searching the forum I found someone who could print good with his Mendel90 using S3D but was not happy with the result and made the factory file available for review.
So I downloaded the file and viola! The printer actually started to print like it should and I don't even have the blobs on the corners like the originater had.

Unfortunately, I can't find the original post. However, I have attached the factory file and my result without any modification.
The factory file even has a fairly cool starting script that eliminates blobs before printing.

One issue remains; when the temprature of the bed reaches its target the software seems to wait on something that is not happening and I have to press the "force next" button to continue.
After that all is functioning well.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Attachments:
open | download - 25mm_cube.factory (2 KB)
open | download - Block01.JPG (585.3 KB)
October 28, 2014 03:38PM
hi ajet69,

appreciate the help!!!
will try the factory file.
but a question is left, where do i set up, that the print starts in the middle of the bed?

andi
October 31, 2014 04:40PM
Hi donandi,

sorry for the delay, needed to drive up to the Netherlands for a few days.

Here is how I have S3D set up for my Mendel90.

I have found three location where input has inpact on the location of the middle;

1.) In Tools - Options - Machine
Here you can enter the build volume, ie max size of your printing area. I have build volume at 200, 200, 200.
Below that is the origin offset, which I have at 100, 100, 0. Basically identifying the center of the build plate.

2.) In Edit Process Settings - G-Code - "G-Code Offsets"
You can basically do the same as above, but you correct the G-code when its generate. (I'm guessing here, but that was my impression)
Here I have 0,0,0.

3.) In Edit Process Settings - G-Code - "Update Machine Definition"
Seems to basically be the same as 2 (Guessing again)
Here I have the "Update Machine Definition using settings below" box uncheckt.

Any luck with your print so far?

BTW: I found an issue with the code in the scripts - Starting G-Code.
The temprature that is configured in "Temprature" seems to be ignored when executed. So I set it to 200 (M104 S200).
I still have to press "Force next" after plate is hot to continue.

Andrew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 04:44PM by AJET69.
November 02, 2014 11:12AM
the settings found in the g-code tab for origin and origin offset override those settings found in tools - options - machine, IF the Update Machine Settings checkbox is checked.
I usually keep the checkbox checked and use the correct settings in the g-code tab. This means you should have your build volume 200x200x200 and then origin offset 100x100x0. this will do what u want

also i have found some firmwares to be finicky with pre-heating. just preheat your printer to the start temp that u want (either via LCD Panel or s3d's machine control panel), remove the M104 S200 code u put in the startup script, go to the temperature tab and for both bed and extruder uncheck wait for temp to stabilize. this will still send in go to temp command to the printer, but it wont wait for it to get there and u wont have to hit force next. but make sure before you start hte print the printer is preheated to correct temps
November 03, 2014 08:57AM
thanks a lot guys, been sick a while, now i´m going to test what you described.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login