Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Patent 999456372.11 Draft free printing environment RFC.

Posted by Ralph.Hilton 
Patent 999456372.11 Draft free printing environment RFC.
June 20, 2014 05:15PM
This is a patent for a remarkable innovation in 3d printing which simplifies the design of 3D printers in varying environments.
It does not infringe upon earlier patents for a box with a heater in it as it is not a fully formed box. Thus it cannot be formally considered to be an enclosure.
It is a draft free surrounding which does not need a top as cold air doesn't go up and down usually.
It is composed of 4 sheets which surround but do not enclose the printer. 3 of the sheets may be of opaque material while it is optimum to have the front sheet made of a transparent material in order that the operator can observe the progress of the print in operation.
The design may include a base sheet but, if the machine is placed upon a stable surface, this may not be required.
This innovation vastly simplifies the design of printers for use in cold or draughty environment.
Re: Patent 999456372.11 Draft free printing environment RFC.
June 20, 2014 05:22PM
I'm not a patent genius guy by any means but seems to me if you didn't put an additional heater inside to heat the air. And called it a guard and not a enclosure and put a safety interlock switch on the door you could have it totally enclosed and I don't think they could complain

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 05:29PM by cnc dick.
Re: Patent 999456372.11 Draft free printing environment RFC.
June 23, 2014 12:24AM
Ok so if you put 4 pieces of cardboard around the printer you apparently infringe a patent.

Apparently putting an obstacle in the path of draft currents is a very new and original idea. I think it should be applied retroactively, so all the descendents of prehistoric man should be made to pay because they were using a rock to cover the cave entrance. After all, that was an enclosure with a heat source in it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login