Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advice Needed - J Head \ Wades Extruder

Posted by Mickoz 
Advice Needed - J Head \ Wades Extruder
June 21, 2014 08:23PM
Hi All,

I am collecting parts to make a Prusa i3 and have a question on extruder\hotend assembly that I hope one of the guru's out there can help with.

I have a J-Head that I purchased assembled from Banggood that looks like the attached picture and a wades hinged extruder, picture also attached. I have a U plate\clamp to mount the J-Head but nothing is going to fit without removing the brass end with blue PTFE bits on the end. If I take this bit off, do I need to do anything to the hotend carrier, like add anything back in?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks. smiling smiley

Re: Advice Needed - J Head \ Wades Extruder
June 21, 2014 09:21PM
That brass piece is for a Bowen type extruder, I believe there is a threaded insert that goes where that fitting is to keep a PTFE liner in place for use with a Wades.
June 22, 2014 12:42AM
Thanks for the reply
June 22, 2014 10:03AM
Normally a short M8 hex socket grub screw were the socket goes all the way through and thin brass washer so it doesn't chew up the PTFE.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 22, 2014 11:45AM
nophead
Normally a short M8 hex socket grub screw were the socket goes all the way through and thin brass washer so it doesn't chew up the PTFE.

Based on this blog posting, I think that the odds are pretty high that there is no PTFE liner in that cloned J-Head:

http://jheadnozzle.blogspot.com/2013/11/is-j-head-real.html
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login