Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMP 1.4

Posted by nawfiljan 
RAMP 1.4
June 27, 2014 07:43AM
Is there any alternate options to Build 3d printer without using RAMP or Sanguinololu board for driving a motor and can we able to build those printer completely using Arduino 2560 ?????
Re: RAMP 1.4
June 27, 2014 08:06AM
a) You will need stepper drivers.
b) The Arduino can't supply the amount of current you require directly through the Arduino board.

I'm sure there are many, many other issues as well, but these are big ones.
June 27, 2014 11:34AM
Thanks fo ur guidance #mappler

Am completely new to build this one..! How about giving external power supply to motors instead of giving supply frm arduino 2560
And what's the actual reason of using this RAMP 1.4 in arduino..! ???
June 27, 2014 12:33PM
I think the biggest reason are. It's already designed, proved to work well, has community support, is cheap. I'm sure you can wire up a breakout board for your PC parallel port, then buy/build drivers for the steppers, figure out a heat management system for the hot end/heat bed. Then configure something like Mach3/LinuxCNC to control it all... Or you could just spend $40 on an Arduino/RAMPS/Drivers then load whatever flavor of Firmware and be printing...

RAMPS-1-4-REPRAP-3D-PRINTER-CONTROLLER-Mega-2560-R3-4-A4988-Drivers $40

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2014 02:43PM by madmike8.
June 27, 2014 12:49PM
I would stick with ramps. it is forgiving, and easy to add to, and if you have questions support is there. you could purchase pololu drivers separate, but then again price may actually be more to wire it yourself, and provide voltage regulation, and other electronics needed. [www.pololu.com]

if you want to do everything for cheap you could do this: [www.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2014 12:50PM by jamesdanielv.
June 27, 2014 02:39PM
I think he's actually thinking that he can get something even cheaper? As stated, Ramps is about the cheapest it can get, and it works great so I don't know what else you can do.

Sanguinololu is a 'complete' solution, but it is not a good choice, there are some design flaws in the electronics. I have both.

Maybe you will like Megatronics, or even Minitronics, I'm not familiar with those, but they are apparently complete solutions, newer than Sanguinololu and Megatronics can also support Thermocouples right off the board itself.

There isn't really a 'supercheap' option though. It will cost both ways around.

The cheapest option within this Ramps choice would be to buy an unassembled board and do the electronics assembly yourself.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 28, 2014 08:13AM
Btw I just ordered all I need from Robotdigg, I hope to receive my parts soon, so I can let you know if the Ramps and Arduino are good or not smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login