Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware loaded

Posted by ntar827 
Firmware loaded
July 17, 2014 11:48AM
In another post I have been trying to get help because my OneUp printer will do nothing.

I have tried every suggestion (and I appreciate all the help) but nothing works.

From Repetier-Host when I hit the connect button the indication is that the printer is connected.

I am wondering "what does that mean?"

Also, how does one know that the firmware is loaded on the printerboard?
Re: Firmware loaded
July 17, 2014 01:30PM
Have you tried Pronterface or uploading another type of firmware onto the board?

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
July 17, 2014 05:16PM
Printer connected means that repetier-host has sent at least one command to the printer and received an "OK" in response. I don't know what repetier-host sends to the printer at connection, but the fact that it has received an "OK" in response means that your firmware has been loaded on the board. You can check this for yourself by connecting in repetier-host and sending M119 to the board manually. You should receive temperatures in response.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
July 17, 2014 06:00PM
Connected means only that the serial connection with driver was established. With wrong baudrate it could still fail to communicate.

With printrboard make sure you have "Reset on connect" set to disabled since printrboard can not reset over usb like the other boards.

Also have a close look at the status bar. If you see "x commands waiting" there is no communication going on.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 18, 2014 11:02AM
ntar827
In another post I have been trying to get help because my OneUp printer will do nothing.

I have tried every suggestion (and I appreciate all the help) but nothing works.

From Repetier-Host when I hit the connect button the indication is that the printer is connected.

I am wondering "what does that mean?"

Also, how does one know that the firmware is loaded on the printerboard?

As you were told on your other post that you abandoned, "Command waiting" means it is not communicating with the board.

You've been instructed to contact QUBD about your board, if you aren't sure firmware is loaded, load it yourself. You should know about the firmware anyway...you aren't going to get far just ignoring the firmware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2014 11:03AM by tjb1.
July 18, 2014 02:07PM
tjb1

Sorry if I have made you mad.

Did not think that I was abandoning my other post.

Since it was moved by the administrator and because I thought I was asking another question, I made the new post.

I did contact QU-BD.

They are at a loss also. First suggesting a bad board and now pointing to drivers.
July 18, 2014 10:31PM
Why don't you do what Diytechshop suggested?

July 19, 2014 10:04AM
The reason I asked the question is because I have beeen wandering if this is what I should do.

Holding back because of warnings about "bricking" the board. Is flashing the board a straight forward process?

If I change the firmware, can I return to Repetier if that turns out not to be the problem?
July 21, 2014 04:26PM
Happy to let you all know that I found the problem. It was a bad USB cable.

Thanks everyone for your efforts in trying to help me get my printer going.

Now the fun of getting all settings just right, correcting some of the build problems and finally making some parts.

I was one who was upset with the delivery issues (Paula) but I have to say that QU-BD made an honest effort to help me get my printer running. Their response was quick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login