Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB CONNECTION ISSUES

Posted by mr K 
USB CONNECTION ISSUES
August 21, 2014 09:38AM
If no firmware is installed ON MY PRUSA I3 will it still run? For I am thinking maybe that no firmware was not installed on the electronics, thats why maybe my laptop does not recognize it.
Re: USB CONNECTION ISSUES
August 21, 2014 09:40AM
i am having problem connecting my laptop to the prusa i3 printer, it gives a dull noise when Insert the USB, I am using windows 7.
If no firmware is installed will it still run? For I am thinking maybe that no firmware was not installed on the electronics, that why maybe my laptop does not recognize it.
If no firmware can I install it using the SD card?
August 21, 2014 09:44AM
my prints are not being placed in the middle of the print area? how do i fix this step by step.

novice is there a manual?
August 21, 2014 10:31AM
here is an example if you use slic3r
slicer3r [manual.slic3r.org]

look here under size and coordinates [manual.slic3r.org]

or you could reach richraps guide that can help. [richrap.blogspot.com]

no one can help you with step by step unless we know what slicing program you are using for gcode.
August 21, 2014 10:40AM
There are several manuals, But it looks like you have solved your connectivity issue and now have moved on to a print issue.

What software are you using? Most of the time if you just google "Using (software name here) to print 3d " it will pop up several videos on that software.
August 22, 2014 07:39PM
It would be great if you could do a follow-up on what and how you solved your problems mr K smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
August 25, 2014 06:48AM
hi Ohmarinus

ok i discovered that i had to go to my firmware (Marlin), and change my BAUD rate to 250000, in the config h. it all worked i could connect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login