Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

viewing slices and controlling gcode

Posted by t0bb 
viewing slices and controlling gcode
November 01, 2014 12:10PM
Hi,

Can anyone point out ways to fine control the slices of a model?
For example, If you want to give different settings to parts of the print.

Also, is there a software that compiles that kind of control graphically? Maybe somekind of post-slice viewer, based on Z coord. in your print

thank you
Re: viewing slices and controlling gcode
November 01, 2014 04:28PM
As far as I know.... No.

The only thing I know is Cura plugins. It's post-process your G-code but keep in mind that it is python plugins, that is, it analyze G-code lines searching a command that lift Z axis and then insert new lines before it. So you need to learn G-code if you want to do your own plugin.

Obviously you can open .gcode file with notepad++ and do whatever you want... if you want to learn G-code, of course.
November 01, 2014 07:26PM
I use Simplify3d, isn't free, but you can set different settings for different parts of the print by setting multiple processes.
November 01, 2014 11:10PM
I use a free gcode viewer to see how the code lays down and I edit the code in notebook2.

T.S. Elliot wrote: "Between the idea and the reality, falls the shadow..." It's in that shadow world great discoveries are made.
November 01, 2014 11:16PM
try this link: [gcodeprintr.dietzm.de]
For some reason the link tool keeps adding .com to the link. But this one works.

T.S. Elliot wrote: "Between the idea and the reality, falls the shadow..." It's in that shadow world great discoveries are made.
November 02, 2014 04:47AM
Radioman
try this link: [gcodeprintr.dietzm.de]
For some reason the link tool keeps adding .com to the link. But this one works.

Thank you everyone.

Radioman, this programs look very useful, I will definitely try them out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login