Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need some help

Posted by omarbentaleb 
need some help
November 08, 2014 01:08PM
hello so i want to build my first reprap what model should i do ?
and where can i get the parts ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 01:09PM by omarbentaleb.
Re: need some help
November 08, 2014 02:14PM
The Prusa I3 is a popular model and easy to find parts for.
[reprap.org]

Prusa I3 kits www.schufco.com
November 08, 2014 02:17PM
what is the deffrence between Prusa I3 and the I2 and which one is the best for beginners and for low cost
November 08, 2014 03:01PM
low cost = cheap parts usually. For an easier build experience pay more to get good parts and detailed instructions.
For more specific advice it is best to post your location, experience, requirements and budget.
November 08, 2014 04:30PM
i live in tunisia and i don't have much experience and my budget is 170 $
and i need to build a printer for my school project

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 04:31PM by omarbentaleb.
November 08, 2014 04:45PM
so what printer should i build ? a prusa mendel i2 or a delta 3D printer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 04:47PM by omarbentaleb.
November 08, 2014 06:04PM
Hi Omar, your language skills seem fine, I think that doing a little research yourself will give you exactly what you need: knowledge.

You can use the search function to look a bit deeper into the machines as it is very hard for anyone to tell you what you should build. I can already tell you that it will be nearly impossible to create a 3D-printer with just $170. Unless you are an experienced printer builder/designer.

Are there any options you have for getting scrap electronics maybe? Is there an electronics dump near where you live? You might be able to build a 'Repstrap' first, to see what it is, look here:
[forums.reprap.org]

A Repstrap essentially is a 3D-printer made by someone who doesn't own another printer so they need to improvise the materials used to create a working printer. This can save you money since you don't need to buy plastic printed parts and at the same time you really learn how a printer works! And I guess your need to build a printer for your school is that you learn from it, right?

I wish you good luck on your quest, feel free to ask any questions, but remember, we can't say which printer you 'should' build or buy.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 09, 2014 03:00PM
can someone please tell me how many printed parts does the prusa mendel i2 have ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login