Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IBM Nanofabrication

Posted by maitri982 
IBM Nanofabrication
April 26, 2010 08:53AM
This is nanoscale CNC type technology...very cool. It will be interesting to see where it leads:

[www.flickr.com]
Re: IBM Nanofabrication
April 26, 2010 08:56AM
Here's a link to IBM's site on this topic:

[www.zurich.ibm.com]

And here's an article with yet more details on this technology:

[www.eetimes.com]

enjoy!
April 27, 2010 12:34PM
If anyone's interested in finding out more on the science behind this story, we've set the original research article free to access for the next few weeks; you can find it here: [www.materialsviews.com]

Adrian Miller
Advanced Materials
VDX
April 27, 2010 02:03PM
Hi Adrian,

its really interesting stuff and give some ideas for meso-/macro-scale-fabbing with 'vanishing' materials smileys with beer

I know similar 'macro'-systems with a soldering bit vanishing styrofoam - my father made his mountains for a model-train with this methode.

I remember a post in the forum where someone modelled wax-blocks with a heated needle sucking the molten wax away ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
nano scale cartesian bot
May 01, 2010 08:26AM
Ah, this is a nice opportunity to point to a nano scale cartesian bot design I fell in love with. See the 'Disk Scanner' links here:

http://www.geocities.com/spm_stm/Project.html

R
-
VDX
May 01, 2010 03:44PM
... i have some piezoleg-motors which are powered with 12 Volts, have a traveling range of 25mm and a step-resolution of 150 nanometer stepping and could be optimized (possibly but complicated/expensive) for 'bending' between the steps so they can resolve sub-nanometers.

In past i built some cartesian 3-axis-systems for microassembly, but this can be repeated for nano-/microfabbing too grinning smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 03, 2010 10:14AM
More on this from MIT:

[www.technologyreview.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login