Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Noob Question - Have CNC Mill - Need Part Files

Posted by Waterppk 
Noob Question - Have CNC Mill - Need Part Files
April 28, 2010 06:02PM
Hello,

I've purchased the Gen3 electronics and have plenty of aluminum to mill parts for my RepRap but I don't know where to find the files to mill? Does someone have SolidWorks versions of the Mendel (my post-processor plays nicest with SolidWorks).

I'll likely be using different sized rods as I've salvaged a number of identical ones from printers so preferably an editable 3d file format would be best, I have Unigraphics, SolidWorks or ProE available.

Thank you!
Re: Noob Question - Have CNC Mill - Need Part Files
April 28, 2010 08:12PM
[reprap.org]

Let me know if you want me to create a RepRap User Group for your location. smiling smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 28, 2010 09:00PM
Waterppk,

The Mendel can't be 2.5D CNC machined but the Isaac variant can however and all the STEP files are freely available here. Email me if you need another format, but Solid-works should bring it in perfectly as is.

---
Isaac: a CNCed Mendel Derived RepStrap
FlemingCNC
April 28, 2010 09:47PM
Solidworks files are here

[objects.reprap.org]

I DID NOT go in to the individual files and correctly constrain the dimensions. In other words, a 3mm hole is a 3 mm hole now, but I haven't gone in to constrain it as a 3mm hole, so if you open up a part file, you can change things without realizing it. The constraining process is way bigger than I wanted to tackle right now. As I change individual parts, I will probably do that one part at a time
Sorry for only translating it into solidworks 2010. I know that makes it difficult-impossible for people with earlier versions, even slightly earlier versions of solidworks, but that is the system available to me right now. Unless anyone has ever run in to a workable solidworks 2010 to earlier version translator. One drawback of Solidworks, not AT ALL backward compatible friendly.

Idaholion
April 29, 2010 04:11AM
Waterppk, you may have some luck bolting an extruder onto your mill, turning it into a RepStrap.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login