Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fill jam issue

Posted by Kobieashie 
Fill jam issue
December 28, 2014 02:46PM
Hello I have a Makerfarm I3 Prusa. It works good except when I am trying a fill, especially bigger areas, Then the head jams up, any ideas? I did search but didnt see anything. Did I miss it?
Re: Fill jam issue
December 28, 2014 07:34PM
My guess is that you are trying to print the in-fill too fast. Your default slicer settings may have your in-fill lines wider than the perimeter lines, and thus requiring a higher extrusion rate. I don't know about other slicers, but slic3r lets you set separate speeds for the perimeters and in-fill.
December 29, 2014 01:04AM
are you using pla or abs?

I would think you are printing too fast. looking at the videos on this printer, it looks like it is an entry level printer, you will need a fan cooling the hot end down for use with pla, and tighten the grip on the feed stock going into the cold region of hot end.

let me explain, by not cooling the hot end in the cool region, heat creeps up, and causes a large area of pla to begin glass transition. while the effect may be ok for some nozzle designs it causes considerable resistance in the j-head design. causing slippage of the hobbled bolt.
December 30, 2014 08:06PM
Im using ABS. I do use Slic3r. I will check the fill speed. I understand what james is saying. I do not have a fan on the J head and didnt understand why you would need one until now. I have much to learn. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login