Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini Kossel calibration error

Posted by Tech-Masterz 
Mini Kossel calibration error
January 06, 2015 04:52AM
I seen this error countless times and I just basically finished making my mini kossel. I dont get it, the extruder is not turned off. I made sure to connect the extruder in the right terminals even the thermistor is in right but in pronterface and in curai get the same message. Someone please help so I can get this printer working because this error wont allow me to do the G29 code to auto level my printer.

Error:0
[ERROR] Error:0

: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
Error Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
[ERROR] Error Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2015 03:25AM by Tech-Masterz.
Re: Error 0: Printer stopped due to errors
January 06, 2015 05:21PM
Is the temperature of the hot end dropping as the print head moves? It may be that your power supply can't provide enough current to power both hot end and movement at the same time.

If not, it may be that the hot end thermistor is either disconnecting or shorting as the print head moves. I seem to remember mintemp is a symptom of disconnection (resistance increases as temperature decreases). Time to check your wiring.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
January 07, 2015 03:13AM
Thanks for your help it was the wiring and now everything says ready to go. smiling smiley How ever now it wont opperate the G28 to hone the 3 axis and its not because of the endstops. However, I think it might be the current that you mentioned I have 12A 5A 60W power supply. Iread other forums and they tell me that I need at least a 20A power supply so I going to try that and see where that leads me. confused smiley
January 07, 2015 03:24AM
Do you know of any places or links that would have like a 20-25A power supply?
January 07, 2015 04:30AM
Tech-Masterz

These are widely available on eBay. I use the 12V 25A one from [www.ebay.co.uk] for my dual-extruder Ormerod. For a single-extruder MK, a 20A one should be more than adequate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2015 04:31AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 07, 2015 04:34AM
dc42
Tech-Masterz

These are widely available on eBay. I use the 12V 25A one from [www.ebay.co.uk] for my dual-extruder Ormerod. For a single-extruder MK, a 20A one should be more than adequate.

I use the 360W version of these. Perfectly capable of driving dual hot ends and a heated bed.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
January 12, 2015 04:31PM
You know what I am going to get a 20 amp power supply instead. I did more research and I found that I could get away with only 12v 20 amp power supply.
January 29, 2015 03:40AM
Ok, so i ended up geting a 15amp power supply. Now pretty much everything is in working order. However, I have the following problems.

1. My autoleveler probe will not extend to the close enough to the belt to deploy it's self.
2. My smart lcd screen will not light up by just having my power cord pluged in.

Please help. confused smiley
January 29, 2015 08:29AM
Tech-Masterz
Ok, so i ended up geting a 15amp power supply. Now pretty much everything is in working order. However, I have the following problems.

1. My autoleveler probe will not extend to the close enough to the belt to deploy it's self.
2. My smart lcd screen will not light up by just having my power cord pluged in.

Please help. confused smiley

You need a diode on the board for the LCD to receive power when not using USB. D1 on RAMPS

Please add your printer design to [reprap.org]
January 29, 2015 09:34AM
so, how would i do that??? What about the other issue?
January 29, 2015 10:38AM
Tech-Masterz
so, how would i do that??? What about the other issue?

The diode is under the X axis driver, it should be under the Ramps 1.4 wiki page. Without more information on your other issue, I can not help you.

Re: Mini Kossel calibration error
January 29, 2015 12:18PM
I solved the issue about the probe not reaching the belt for deployment by extending the short arm of the probe with a little sleeving made of wire insulation pushed over the arm, it was stiff enough to allow the probe to be tweaked into deployed mode. I believe others have used heatshrink tubing in a similar manner.

Cheers,
Robin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 12:18PM by Zedsquared.
January 29, 2015 10:43PM
I have the ramps 1.3 though.
January 30, 2015 09:11AM
Tech-Masterz
I have the ramps 1.3 though.

[reprap.org]

February 02, 2015 07:35PM
My printer is the mini kossel, and now its dipping on opposite side of the print bed but the middle is just fine. Know of any solutions?
February 02, 2015 07:40PM
Tech-Masterz
My printer is the mini kossel, and now its dipping on opposite side of the print bed but the middle is just fine. Know of any solutions?

Read up...

[minow.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login