Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Building a Prusa i3 enclosure

Posted by khannon3 
Building a Prusa i3 enclosure
January 10, 2015 03:33PM
I'm recently started to work on plans for a Prusa i3 enclosure to improve printing quality through an controlled environment. I was hoping I could get some feedback from people who experience with this. I was wondering if the electronics or PSU should be mounted externally and if there should be additional measures taken to reduce the risk of fire. I'd also like to get opinion on what additional features I should be add. I have already considered an inlet fan and exhaust fan, led strip lighting and and emergency power cut of switch. I'm interested in and constitutive input big or small.

Kev
Re: Building a Prusa i3 enclosure
January 11, 2015 12:42PM
it depends on how hot your electronics and motors are running at the moment. Say you motors are currently running at 80C then you could elevate your ambient temperature by about 20C, but you are pushing it. The same would be a fact for the electronics, but I see no reason why you should want to keep them inside the enclosure. That would be an unnecessary risk.
January 12, 2015 06:18PM
Hi! Check out my first post here. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but relevant for sure.

[forums.reprap.org]
January 14, 2015 06:45AM
Hi Sams. Very interesting read I would completely agree with you. I feel we have reached a point where materials are only being held back by the absence of an enclosed build area. Sams I would also agree with you. I may want to include a solution that will allow me mount electronics outside in a clean, tidy fashion, while still allowing me to remove the printer with electronics for portability.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login