Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error: MINTEMP reached problem

Posted by omadawn 
Error: MINTEMP reached problem
January 15, 2015 01:04PM
I recently built a prusa i3 from an eBay kit.
Motor controls seem to be working fine so far, I've seen all three axis move in both directions.
However I'm having a temp sensing issue preventing me from performing some test prints

I'm getting the following error

Error:0

: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
Errortongue sticking out smileyrinter stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

Reading through some posts it looks like this is usually a thermistor wiring issue so I went back over my connections and they seem good.

Measuring the resistance of both the hot end and heat bed at a (cold) room temperature I am getting around 130k for both and if I put my fingers on the thermistor (or grab the block the hot end thermistor is embedded in) the resistance starts to drop. So it seems like they are working to me.

Now I'm trying to learn how to troubleshoot.
I'm using repetier right now attempting to learn how to troubleshoot and learning gcodes but don't really understand the output yet.
M105 returns a response like
N23 M105 *9

Does this mean it thinks it's 9 Celsius?

In Configuration.h TEMP_SENSOR_0 and TEMP_SENSOR_BED are both set to 6. Sensors 1 and 2 are set to 0.
All four mintemp values (HEATER_0_MINTEMP, BED_MINTEMP, etc) are set to 5.

I have experimented with various values for both of these with no luck so far but my experiments are mostly guesswork.

I don't have thermistor model numbers but the vendor says they are both "100k NTC EPOS."
Re: Error: MINTEMP reached problem
January 15, 2015 01:54PM
could be a couple things. bad wiring, bad solder joint on the RAMPS (or what ever board) maybe plugged into the wrong input, wrong pin assignment, or improper board selected in the config
Mintemp is an open circuit, so if everything is connected and configured correctly, I would check the board for bad connections.
January 15, 2015 01:55PM
Make sure you have the MOTHERBOARD setting in configuration.h matching your hardware. It may be looking at a different pin for the thermistor.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
January 15, 2015 07:49PM
I was getting this error for about a month. Checked the wiring 100 times but in the end I had a short at the very tip of the thermistor.
January 19, 2015 01:27PM
I made a new cable and connected a 100k trim pot in place of the hot end thermistor and I'm still getting the same error.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login