Advanced

Midwest Reprap Festival 2015?

Posted by FlyingLotus1983 
Midwest Reprap Festival 2015?
February 12, 2015 10:32AM
http://midwestreprapfest.org/
March 20-22nd 2015
Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds in Elkhart, Indiaina

Is anyone going to this? I did a search, but didn't see anything come up for 2015. I signed up to get more details, but noone has emailed me back. I don't see a contact form either. As I bought my plane tickets a while back (they're cheaper that way), and have already taken the time off of work, I was just hoping to be contacted by now, being that it's only a month away.

If anyone's either (1) going, or (2) know how hosts the event, I'd love to get more info.

I'll be bringing and demoing my new machine, the FirePick Delta (http://delta.firepick.org), which is a unique delta-based design with 4 modular print heads, that also is able to perform very complex SMT pick-and-place operations. It will be capable of building its own electronics, which is sort of where the RepRap project wanted to evolve to, at one time, a while back.

Thanks! smiling smiley

-Neil

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 10:33AM by FlyingLotus1983.
Re: Midwest Reprap Festival 2015?
February 12, 2015 10:55AM
I went that there last year but did not submit for a table. I'm going this year as well. I'm not sure what you do to get info on for your table. You can try to contact SeeMeCNC since they're the main sponsor. Not sure if I'll sign up for a table spot yet though.
February 12, 2015 12:11PM
I was expecting some more buzz about the event myself in January, so I eventually contacted SeeMeCNC via their website as they are the main hosts.

They confirmed that the event is on, though I think we as a community should work on getting the word out. Not sure what the status on the sign-ups is though as my office is blocking all but the homepage of the site for some reason.
February 12, 2015 01:13PM
I'm going as long as it's happening.
February 12, 2015 03:26PM
Would love to but am going a few weeks after this to the NRA convention in Nashville. Don't have enough vacation for both and still get any around Christmas.

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

New to 3D printing, not new to 3D or tinkering.
LulzBot Taz 5
Generic Chinese 50w 300x500 Laser Cutter/Engraver (Ebay:171066211150)
Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4, Modo, Hexagon, Bryce, Poser
February 12, 2015 08:08PM
Does anyone know if they have these reprap festivals on the east coast? Particularly in the New York City area?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 08:08PM by Michaelj.
February 13, 2015 09:07AM
Michaelj
Does anyone know if they have these reprap festivals on the east coast? Particularly in the New York City area?
I think they only happen in the largest metropolitan markets like Goshen, IN. smiling smiley
February 13, 2015 04:41PM
Michaelj

I believe there is both an annual New York Printer Fair and also a large section of 3D Printers and the New York Maker Fair. The Midwest RepRap Fest is hosted by SeeMeCNC who is based out of Goshen, Indiana where the festival is held.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 04:42PM by Kurzaa.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login