Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

blog of blogs

Posted by dissidence 
blog of blogs
June 08, 2010 11:30AM
is it me or is the blog of blogs getting to be more unstable lately.

i wonder if it is following too many things for there system to handle. i do like it allot though.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: blog of blogs
June 08, 2010 03:02PM
I've had similar problems, so I now use Planet RepRap instead, which works great. The only thing I miss (or might have not found) is the ability to go back to older entries.
June 08, 2010 03:05PM
how do you get added to that one?

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
June 08, 2010 03:21PM
Good question.
I believe Laszlo aka khiraly runs it, perhaps you can send a PM?

What I'd like is a pure RSS feed, as Opera has a rather nice built in RSS viewer. Is that possible somehow?
June 08, 2010 04:34PM
has much has i like rss feeds, i do like the blog of blogs, i find it gives me more of what i am looking for.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
June 09, 2010 03:53AM
The "blog of blogs" suffers from the following:

1 - Yahoo platform deficiencies ( eg it crashes 1 in every 3 times I use the "save" button ).
2 - Management deficiencies ( while trying to work around the above point, I've been known to accidentally screw stuff up).
3 - Blog platform deficiencies ( if each blog takes a fraction of a sec to refresh, and we have 92 sources , it's easy to exceed the 30 seconds maximum allowed run-time ).
4 - One overly slow blog feed can mess everyone else up. Eg: fetching a feed from a slow unnamed russian server might take 20 seconds on it's own, and may cascade the failure onto everyone else. There's little I can do about this, except pull the plug on those "misbehaving" blogs that are running on extremely slow servers. I try not to do this, but have in the past once of twice.
June 09, 2010 11:39AM
ah i thought it was more yahoos doing, but i can see how that would all kinda make for a not so nice mess. thank though for doing it i do like it allot.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
June 09, 2010 11:49AM
why not create a list of blogs on [gist.github.com] !? then the blog of blogs, the google reader, the planet could all use the same set of urls. i think with yahoo pipes it might even be possible to use that list directly!
June 09, 2010 09:46PM
I actually run the google reader reprap "blog of blogs". Just go to repraplogphase.blogspot.com and subscribe on the right. If you want to start a new list somewhere else, I would grab the blogs from my list. I have over 200 blogs in about 5 languages.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
June 09, 2010 10:09PM
you can feel free to add mine to your list

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
June 11, 2010 05:43PM
You have been in since your 1st post, the list on my site is not fully complete, it stops at 100. Preview the reader to get the full list.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
JSR
August 02, 2010 01:30PM
Has anyone else noticed a problem with the yahoo pipes aggregator, my latest blog updates from the past couple of weeks have not been showing up but I can see my website on the list?

http://jsrreprap.blogspot.com/
http://feeds.feedburner.com/JsrsReprapMendel

JSR
August 02, 2010 02:18PM
spacexula,
I also logged on and I guess started a new blog over there. You can add my own blog, [teamopenair.net], plus I suspect the new one is called Open Air.blogsot.com

Mike
August 02, 2010 11:17PM
How we get blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login