Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bigger diameter drive gears

Posted by sungod3k 
Bigger diameter drive gears
March 15, 2015 11:57AM
Hi,

I'm working on the "2 drive gears in one extruder" idea which hasnt gotten much attention lately. The issue Im having is due to the small diameter radius of the existing drive gears its really hard to find small enough cogwheels or pulleys and belts to drive two axis that are so close together. A bigger drive gear would take more force to move it would also increase the contact surface on the filament. So before I start working around this and make the system more complex I want to make sure that there isnt a drive gear with >20mm diameter out there.
Anyone ever seen something like this?

Cheers
Re: Bigger diameter drive gears
March 15, 2015 05:38PM
Do you mean the filament drive gear that you fit directly onto your stepper motor?

Then the MK8 would be very good for you. Otherwise, I'm probably not understanding what part exactly you mean. Got an image to explain?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
March 15, 2015 06:25PM
Yes an MK8 with double the diameter.
March 16, 2015 11:09PM
get one of this:

[www.aliexpress.com]

Drill few holes around shaft hole, print an adapter for the stepper and file every single teeth spinning smiley sticking its tongue out you can ask the supplier to make it 5mm bore.

any spur gear will work as long as you file each teeth to proper size. (don't want to be in your shoes).......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login