Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

has anyone tried sonceboz motors

Posted by woodywood 
has anyone tried sonceboz motors
March 30, 2015 06:33PM
hi all i have is these sonceboz 6600R449 and i have not seen anyone use these on any projects yet so just need some info on the or if they can be used
Attachments:
open | download - 2015-03-30 23.17.14.jpg (106.8 KB)
Re: has anyone tried sonceboz motors
March 31, 2015 06:18AM
This is not usual. Do you have the specs of the motor ?

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
March 31, 2015 09:25AM
I can't find that exact part number. I'm going to bet you salvaged these from something? If so they were probably a custom motor made specifically for a equipment manufacturer but are based on a standard motor. The closest one that I could find based on size and current (1.5 amps) is this one. Presuming they are similar, torque is high enough (> .44 Nm) for our printers however looking at the torque curves you won't be able to reach higher speeds unless you run them at a higher voltage. Their curves are at 24V which is twice the voltage most printers run at. And the much better curves are for 60V which I can't think of any common electronics run with. They are also NEMA 23 motors which most printer designs/kits don't accommodate out of the box.

Depending on what your goal is, it may be better and less frustrating if you look for different motors. But these may be suitable if you make accommodations.
April 01, 2015 06:27PM
cheers for that mate yeah i found they came up on sonceboz site looked at pdf it came up with nema 23 and yes my friend gets them out of lorry gearboxes there for the scr2 adblue pump made for wabco so really reliable seem to be better then the nemas cheers again
April 02, 2015 09:34AM
woodywood
so really reliable seem to be better then the nemas
"NEMA" just refers to the frame size and associated details such as flanges, bolt hole spacing, etc. A NEMA 17 motor just means the motor is 1.7". A NEMA 23 motor is 2.3". The NEMA rating has absolutely no relevance as to the performance, quality, or reliability of the motor.
April 02, 2015 09:52AM
i know that but some noobs type in nema 17 motors and it comes up with one type mainly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login