Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with burning the firmware

Posted by vaurnperumal 
Help with burning the firmware
June 17, 2010 05:39PM
Hi,

I am trying to burn the Reprap firmware onto the motherboard from Arduino on OSX and there is an error during compiling 'Serial1' not declared in this scope . I have tried reinstalling the Sanguino folders into Arduino but it is of no use. Please help.

Thanking you in advance,

Varun
Re: Help with burning the firmware
June 17, 2010 10:56PM
Which version of the arduino IDE are you using on OSX, as the instructions for installing the Sanguino folders depend on the version

Cheers

David
June 18, 2010 12:43AM
I am using arduino 0018....i have tried burning some other code as in trying to blink the debug led (pin 1 on sanguino). The code gets loaded into the board but nothing happens.
June 18, 2010 01:51AM
So you just copied the Sanguino folder into the arduino/hardware folder to get it setup? Serial1 is defined in the Sanguino core so if the folder has been copied in correctly that the OSX version is not picking up the Sanguino configuration.

Daivd
June 18, 2010 09:00AM
vaurnperumal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to burn the Reprap firmware onto the
> motherboard from Arduino on OSX and there is an
> error during compiling 'Serial1' not declared in
> this scope . I have tried reinstalling the
> Sanguino folders into Arduino but it is of no use.
> Please help.
>
>
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Varun

Can you get the Blink sketch to run at all? In the Arduino environment I usually have to rescan the serial ports after connecting to find the TTY serial. It doesn't automatically come up. I've loaded the firmware onto an ATMega328, but use The MakerBot motherboard for RepRap.
June 18, 2010 01:11PM
This is an instruction given in the sanguino page for using it with osx. but in the zip i downloaded there was no such libraries folder

"Copy all the folders in sanguino-software-1.x/libraries/ to arduino-0012/hardware/libraries/ overwriting the existing libraries."

I am guessing that may be the problem. although i burnt a simple code just to keep sending something over the serial port and i do receive them .

@ stevew :the blink sketch gets uploaded but it does not do anything

@davemj yeah i recopied everything and it does not work
June 18, 2010 10:13PM
I think those instructions might be wrong for 0018.

Taken from the reprap wiki

Newer versions of arduino (at least 0018 and newer) have better support for hardware like the Sanguino, so you only need to add one folder instead of doing a lot of editing.

Copy the Sanguino folder that's in the zip file into your arduino-00XX/Hardware folder so that your folder structure looks like this:

arduino-00XX/Hardware/Sanguino

That is all I did (on a Ubuntu system), the other stuff is for version 0017 and below.

David
June 22, 2010 12:26PM
Thanks a lot ! that works
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login