Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3d Silicone heater mat

Posted by HarryK 
E3d Silicone heater mat
May 03, 2015 12:55PM
Hi all
I am in the throws of upgrading my repstrap and i bought a silicone heater mat from e3d online and a 250x250x5 aluminium plate from ebay as well as an inductive sensor for auto bed leveling/tramming. Anyway i wanted to know whats the best way of attaching the heater mat to the aluminium plate? high temp silicone, kapton tape or something else.

here is a link to the heater mat

thanks for any help in advance

HK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2015 12:56PM by HarryK.
Re: E3d Silicone heater mat
May 03, 2015 01:22PM
High temperature silicone is the way to go.
May 03, 2015 01:46PM
awesome will give it a go
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2015 01:46PM by HarryK.
May 03, 2015 04:18PM
Heater mats like that typically come with a sheet of adhesive already fitted - did that one not come with adhesive?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 04, 2015 07:05AM
Nope no adhesive backing that i can tell anyway, i did notice that most other vendors sold them with and adhesive back. will have to wait till i have rebuild the 3d printer and see how the high temp silicone holds up
May 04, 2015 07:14AM
Alternatively, you could buy the adhesive sheet separately. The heaters are often advertised as having 3M adhesive on them, maybe it is similar to this [www.ebay.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 04, 2015 11:41PM
For double sided tape I highly recommend 3M products. but A LOT of them get weird at high temp/in direct sunlight
I would look for something closer to this one...
Silicon adhesive transfer tape 91022

OCD Corp~ offers custom cut lengths

**not saying the other one wouldn't work. just saying I've had a couple of them get gooey/slimey when they get warm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2015 11:44PM by Epop.
May 05, 2015 04:29PM
thanks guys had a quick google for adhesive tapes and looked at the links you sent but managed to get a tube of flue sealant from work it can withstand temps of 300 degrees C so should be good for a heated bed smiling smiley

thanks again for your help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login