Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LCD display with card reader

Posted by Ralphy 
LCD display with card reader
May 08, 2015 10:23PM
So I am noticing some of my prints take 10 hours or more , can anyone point me in the right direction as to how the sd card reader works so I dont have to run my laptop throughout the print. I have a prusa 3ii
Re: LCD display with card reader
May 09, 2015 10:08AM
Connect a lcd with sd card slot to your ramps. Sent or copy via your slicing program the sliced gcode to your sd card. On the lcd you can than run the print from the sd card. You can also adjust some settings from your lcd, like homing, speed and temperatures.
May 09, 2015 10:20AM
Have you tried turning the print speeds up in slic3r?
May 11, 2015 06:23PM
gforce1
Connect a lcd with sd card slot to your ramps. Sent or copy via your slicing program the sliced gcode to your sd card. On the lcd you can than run the print from the sd card. You can also adjust some settings from your lcd, like homing, speed and temperatures.

Ok sounds good, I wasnt sure if it was a plug and play thing like you mention.
May 11, 2015 06:25PM
lunarkingdom
Have you tried turning the print speeds up in slic3r?

Im not sure how to do that, Dan over at Folger told me it could be adjusted even during the print. Where exactly is the speed control?
May 11, 2015 07:00PM
Speed control is the default for the rotary encoder after whatever you used it for last times out.
Just turn the encoder and you'll see the speed indicator on the screen go up or down. It usually takes a few seconds before the machine responds by actually speeding up or slowing down.
May 12, 2015 07:16PM
the_digital_dentist
Speed control is the default for the rotary encoder after whatever you used it for last times out.
Just turn the encoder and you'll see the speed indicator on the screen go up or down. It usually takes a few seconds before the machine responds by actually speeding up or slowing down.

I dont have the "rotary encoder" is that the lcd display?

I only have the Repetier and the printer, can speed be controlled without the lcd display?
May 13, 2015 04:48PM
I think Repetier-Host can control speed on the manual tab with the sliders, never tried it though. Otherwise, you would want to edit your slicer settings.

As for saving your gcode to the SD card, you need to follow an 8.3 naming format and you will need to add the file extension. So try something like boat.gco rather than BoatThatEveryoneIsPrinting.gcode. The file also might not show up immediately if nothing else is on the SD card, so try to always keep a calibration test print or something on the card so you know it is working. You can also just use your laptops SD slot to load the files onto a FAT32 formatted card, then transfer the card to your printer. I have successfully printed from a 16GB microSDHD card with an adapter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login