Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Digital Mendel part in All formats smileys with beer

Posted by 2robotguy 
Digital Mendel part in All formats smileys with beer
July 20, 2010 02:16PM
I have been able to Upload all of the Mendel parts on 3D Content Central. (WWW.3dcontentcentral.com) It is a great site sponsored by Solid works that allows upload and download of digital files. Similar to Thingiverse, but the website is able to export the model into almost any format! No need to have inventor, solidworks, and Pro-E on your computer anymore . A lot of big companies are also on it, so you can grab a part to see if they will fit before you buy them. Just search for Reprap or Mendel and all of the parts should pop up.

It does require you to log in, but it is free. I use this site every week or so and find it very helpful. What is so great about this site is you can download the parts in almost any format. Some are below ;

Solidworks 08/09/10
CATIA V5
ACI V1.6-V14
INVENTOR R1-R6
IRONCAD 4-5
Parasolids 8.0-12.1
Pro-E
Solidedge 7-9
Step AP214 & AP203
and the lovably good old STL

I hope this will help everybody out with design work over the internet. STL are not the best thing to try and remodel or modify. I am also trying to get the General Assembly up but having problems.

If you have and questions or concerns just post!

Enjoy >grinning smiley<
Mark F
White Gator Labs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2010 02:20PM by 2robotguy.
Re: Digital Mendel part in All formats smileys with beer
July 20, 2010 03:55PM
Interesting! Did you start with the Solid Edge files?
July 21, 2010 03:01PM
Wade,

I used Idaholion work and double checked them to be right. But Idaholion did a lot of the leg work, all I did was upload them so you can downlaod them in your native Cad software.

Mark F
JSR
July 27, 2010 08:46AM
That is fantastic, well done!
July 27, 2010 10:25PM
Thanks JSR!

I think all models from thingiverse should be added to 3dcontentcentral.com . Having the history tree available really allows for cleaner modifications from other users. STL's are good for printer but stink for modifying.

Mark F
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login