Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please help, PLA not sticking

Posted by scubi 
Please help, PLA not sticking
June 24, 2015 01:58AM
Hi
I have been printing with two other PLA colors with success, however my RED PLA will not stick properly.
Its does the skirt fine ( 3x Times ) but as soon as it start to print the part it just forms a ball under and around the Nozel.
I notice it happens when its starts printing short strokes that the PLA does not stick. Its the short movement back and forth, that it happens , so I don't think its related to bed leveling. The hotend is at 210 and the BED at 70 ( Capton tape & hairspray on Glass).

Please can you help and suggest,

Thanks
Re: Please help, PLA not sticking
June 24, 2015 02:56AM
When the skirt lines stick, you are just a hair away from a successful print.
Check the skirtlines:
Are they smashed to the surface at all?
Are they almost invisible thin?

These are indicators for the z-zero finetuning.
The skirt is a thick rope, not sqashed at all => reduce the nozzle distance
The skirt is thin in the middle and the nozzle seems to ( almost ) touch the surface => raise the nozzle
-Olaf

PS: Print the first layer very slow, like 20mm/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2015 02:57AM by o_lampe.
June 24, 2015 02:41PM
Hi
I have now used some Blue Painter Tape. It works great but I have a problem now, I can not get the print off the glass. I sticks like crazy, I am scared I am going to break the glass.
How do you guys get the PLA off the Painter tape ?

Thanks
June 24, 2015 03:29PM
I also started out trying to print at 200+ degrees and have since been printing at 185C and my bed at 72C.

I use elmer's purple glue on the glass and it works great! I didn't want to use hairspray because of the possibility of overspray on the motors and stuff.

I wait for the bed and part to cool down and then give it a whack from the side with a medium weighted object - like the handle of a bread knife. smiling smiley
June 25, 2015 01:33AM
Sorry pal,
solve your glass sticking-problem, before you make the next step and get in new trouble.

You canĀ“t escape the finetuning/ bed levelling process forever... sad smiley
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login