Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange undesired moves along x and y axes

Posted by foul_owl 
Strange undesired moves along x and y axes
July 07, 2015 03:38AM
Hi folks,

I have a maddening problem. I recently updated my firmware to support bed autoleveling. The autoleveling feature was working great, when suddenly I noticed that my prints were being printed at an offset of roughly 50 units along both the X and Y axes. So normally if my print is centered at 100,100, it becomes centered at 150, 150! This didn't use to happen, it started seemly at random. I had already had a weeks worth of perfect prints from my printer. I simply tuned the bed autoleveling points and did a firmware update. I didn't touch any other values.

I have tried doing a G1 Z0, and gotten a very strange noise from the motors, along with x and y axis movement!!

This led me to believe that the issue was with the "safe z homing" feature, which causes the hot end to end up at x_max/2 and y_max/2 after a G28.

My "starting gcode" is simply:
G28 X0 Y0 ;
G29 ;

I have another clue. After doing a G29, then an M114, the position reported is roughly -40 for the x axis!! What the hell? How is that possible? Doing G1 X0 Y0 Z0 seems to counteract it, but this is a really ugly problem.

My only guess is that there is a bug in the Marlin firmware somewhere.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Re: Strange undesired moves along x and y axes
July 08, 2015 03:44PM
Still wondering about this. Thanks!
Re: Strange undesired moves along x and y axes
July 08, 2015 05:53PM
Run the M501 command and check there is not offset already stored in the EEPROM probably a result of the firmware update... If there is send the command back with 50 taken of the x & y setting and run M500 to store the commands....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login