Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

large prints wont print

Posted by munchit1 
large prints wont print
October 01, 2015 12:37PM
hi all,
thwarted week and a half to find the board had died.. put a new one on, everything set up again and now on a larger print the filoment just pings loose and drags about?

if i prnt a base the first layer at 10mm/s sticks in place but every strand is seperate, even though its right next to each other and actually looks good.

filoments set right, beds leval, extrution...motors not skipping...tried speeds and raising temperature..

any one?
Re: large prints wont print
October 01, 2015 07:47PM
no one...i must have the lergy lol...
October 01, 2015 08:36PM
A picture or two would probably help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2015 11:55PM by Dust.
October 01, 2015 09:33PM
If the first layer lines are separated, try moving the nozzle closer to the bed for the first layer. When you replaced the controller board did you load it with your old config files?

Turn on your spelling checker!

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 02, 2015 08:50AM
spell checkers tend to change context.. trust me i know, it cost me cat points at uni a few years back, its better to leave them and eye it later...dyslexia may be anoting to those reading it but sheeeesh try writing it all yu life !! lolol.

sorted..

using a 0.8 nozzle 1mm wide extrutions, there was too much plastic contracting, lowered the layer height, slowed it right down, sorted. now fur the next 'sort that out' lol. seems like theres just a cycle of sorting some shit or other out with these printers lol.
to date it goes like this, test bits..arghhh what now!!! sorted sweet then now for a bit i want.........ohhh sort out all that again. so i'm assuming you have to set up for each type of print? large small..complex etc. so the test cubes n bits have a starting point value, i.e. if summuts out to start with it throws the next, and the next and the next and so on out further, you can bodge on the settings here and there to compansate but yu never get any real groats to grab, well not for an age longer any way.

btw way its a doddle drawing for 0.5mm layer heights at 1mm exstrutions lol...and so much quicker, well up till a certain larger size then the game changes again..hmmmmm more to come i suspect, and more moulten filoment occupying the bin space.(alas, theres a new buncha doodies to work around).

feckin things lol.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login