Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D printing fans for scientific study needed

Posted by floriandenker 
3D printing fans for scientific study needed
November 09, 2015 05:39AM
Dear community,

I am a PhD student at the Hamburg University of Technology (Germany) and I am looking for participants in a short survey (15 minutes) for my research project.

Your will play the role of a senior manager in a multinational company whose role it is to evaluate 8 new product ideas in the domain of 3D printing

Link to the survey: https://de.surveymonkey.com/r/RepRap

Your help would help me a great deal with my research and is highly appreciated!!!

A 50 USD amazon gift certificate will be raffled among the participants for every 50 completed survey
Re: 3D printing fans for scientific study needed
November 09, 2015 11:52AM
I totally thought you wanted people to print fans for a study...
November 09, 2015 08:39PM
[www.thingiverse.com]
thumbs up

Follow my Mendel Prusa build here: [julianh72.blogspot.com]
November 10, 2015 06:27AM
84 pages of fans on grabcad, one hell of a lot of study material.drinking smiley

I got about a quarter of the way through the endless pages of the study, before running for the hills screaming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2015 06:30AM by MechaBits.
November 10, 2015 09:50AM
I got to the end where it was asking about my experience compared to my friends (80%) when it took me back to the beginning. So you get my answers without putting me in the drawing for the prize. Classy.

I have issues with the survey itself too. You ask to evaluate products without defining the goal the product is trying to meet. Hard to really evaluate something when you don't have information as to the job it is trying to fill. Also, you ask about my experience compared to my friends. Maybe it asks in the part I didn't see, but it didn't ask what the experience levels of my friends are. Answers are going to be very different based on that.
November 10, 2015 10:21PM
ElmoC
I have issues with the survey itself too. You ask to evaluate products without defining the goal the product is trying to meet. Hard to really evaluate something when you don't have information as to the job it is trying to fill. Also, you ask about my experience compared to my friends. Maybe it asks in the part I didn't see, but it didn't ask what the experience levels of my friends are. Answers are going to be very different based on that.

I agree 100% - asking people to evaluate projects without defining business objectives etc is fairly meaningless. I think all of your responses are going to be biased strongly to what each individual thinks would be attractive or feasible to them, without any real sense of whether there is a market for each idea, whether there is already a viable technology in that space (and if so, is the technology protected by IP which would be a barrier to a new entrant), or how the respective markets compare. (I might be VERY attracted to the idea of printing with speciality filaments, but does that mean this is a good start-up business opportunity? Possibly not, because I can already buy such filaments at affordable prices right now.)

I also agree with the issues about experience levels compared with my friends. None of my family or friends have a 3D printer, so in my circles, I am an uber-nerd 3D-printing guru; on the RepRap Forums, I'm barely a beginner!

I did finish the survey; however. Good luck with the research - if you can make any sense of the results!

Follow my Mendel Prusa build here: [julianh72.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login