Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

choose which controller card

Posted by taratata 
choose which controller card
December 09, 2015 05:45AM
Hello everyone,

I hesitate a lot of 3 cards " 1.4 Ramps " " MegaTronics 2 or 3" " Mezli 2.0". Mainly it is the management of nb extrude which vary by model .

I want to develop a printer on the best way for the thermal baths cushion . Since I know nothing about the matter, I ask myself the following question:

The type of firmware? most flexible parameterization ? Ease of access to the flash ?

The most common is the 1.4 Ramps for what reason?

What are the experience on Megatronics ?

thank you for sharing your experiences and opinions to help me choose the future and people interested in setting up their imp 3d
Re: choose which controller card
December 09, 2015 07:16AM
Is there a reason you haven't included the 32 bit boards (Duet//Smoothie/RADDS/Alligator and various clones)? With 32-bit boards available form $50 and offering additional features such as software-controlled stepper motor current, native USB ports and Ethernet interface, I think it would take a very special reason to choose any of the old 8-bit boards.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 09, 2015 08:52AM
As dc42 says, go with a 32 bit board. Stay away from 8 bit.
December 10, 2015 05:41AM
Every time I see this I want to upgrade my two printers to 32 bit boards but my 8 bit boards work and fit neatly into the spaces for them in the printers, so I'm torn.
I'd definitely go 32 bit if I were starting again today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login