Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would you skin your printer?

Posted by cat.farmer 
Would you skin your printer?
December 19, 2015 08:37AM
I was just curious if anyone would be interested in skinning the printer? for those that don't know what skinning is, it the putting a printed vinyl wrap to cover the frame. I was thinking of making them available, probably for the i3, multiple designs available at first.It would be a quick easy way to dress up your printer. Any interest??
Re: Would you skin your printer?
December 19, 2015 11:22PM
I could see some going for it, but I am personally more interested in what my printer can do versus how it looks.
December 25, 2015 07:34PM
My Kossel doesn't really have much area that could be skinned.
December 29, 2015 04:06PM
You might consider starting with a popular printer and see how things go first. Something like the Ultimaker 2 perhaps? Maybe a M3D? The issue with starting with a Prusa i3, while it is popular, is that the are a lot of varients. So selling a standard skin to a group of people buying the cheapest printers they can fine, is probably not a successful business plan.
December 30, 2015 10:07AM
thanks for the input, It was just a thought, I have a buddy that runs a vinyl shop and does skins for a lot of different items. I just wondered if it would be worth the time to make them available.
December 30, 2015 03:47PM
skins sound cool. but have no idea how you would skin some printers =-( like a kossel .
December 30, 2015 07:03PM
Don't think you could do a kossel, or not much more then the base. Hydro dipping one would be cool though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login