Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermocouples for Duet

Posted by HWrp156 
Re: Thermocouples for Duet
February 15, 2016 10:23AM
It would be helpful if those that have thermocouples working posted what combination they are using.
February 15, 2016 11:33AM
I tested with this one [uk.rs-online.com], however the tip is not insulated so it needs to be covered with heat-resistance sleeving.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 26, 2016 01:16PM
Hi all,

The ungrounded thermocouples have arrived and have been connected.

Unfortunately the problem still persists... No temp reading on pronterface! Unless it's -273.1deg in here? Though it is chilly!...

Now completely ran out of ideas.

We have however discovered that the main board being used is a 0.6 NOT a 0.8.5!
Would this make any odds as the pins used seem to correlate.

Any guidance or ideas would be muchly appreciated as moving forward is completely on hold until the thermocouples work!

Thanks
February 26, 2016 02:20PM
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

We have a working thermocouple...

Slightly frustrating as to what the problem was however! I'll take the blame however it was a pretty easy mistake.

When realising a new version of firmware was required I couldn't find the correct link to the version referred to by dc42. So searched for 1.09r on github. Found it and flashed the .bin to the Duet.

Just now however when re reading the forum post that the version dc42 had referred to was "1.09r-dc42" ... This didn't look familiar and after investigation it turned out I had "1.09r-cn"...

No idea what the differences are or why a version would be named so similar... Slightly frustrating as the organisation of forks and version could be better setup.

BUT!!! At the moment.. it's WORKING!

Now to add a second extruder and thermocouple! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login