Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone used this controller?

Posted by DjDemonD 
Has anyone used this controller?
January 24, 2016 12:39PM
Geeetech all in one arduino/ramps controller

I understand it's an arduino/ramps based board but its the quality etc... I am interested in. It's a keen price to have one integrated board and does seem to have some improved features like heatsink on the mosfets etc. Doesn't seem to have the solid state fuses that ramps has.
Re: Has anyone used this controller?
January 24, 2016 01:49PM
DjDemonD
Geeetech all in one arduino/ramps controller

I understand it's an arduino/ramps based board but its the quality etc... I am interested in. It's a keen price to have one integrated board and does seem to have some improved features like heatsink on the mosfets etc. Doesn't seem to have the solid state fuses that ramps has.

If you are interested in quality then i would recommend you avoid this board and the company,

they have a reputation for pretty much no quality control, they sell variants of opensource boards with no regard to sources and licence obligations

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

January 24, 2016 02:44PM
If it was a quality product they would use modern MOSFETs that don't need a heatsink and provide a bit more power to your heaters instead of wasting it heating themselves.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
January 24, 2016 04:28PM
Cheers guys I take these points it seems like reasonable criticism and I know you guys know what you're talking about.

But I'd still value the opinion of someone using one, is it as bad as we might expect?
January 24, 2016 07:39PM
you would be wasting your money on Geeetech made board i would go with any other brand over geeetech.
January 24, 2016 09:00PM
I am using this board because it came with the printer I bought from Ebay, so far all of my issues have been my lack of experience. Otherwise so far so good........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login