Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do i create a wiki?

Posted by Bugeo 
How do i create a wiki?
January 27, 2016 10:55PM
I created a 3d printer and i would like to put the information on RepRap, but i won't let me do it. It says i need a permission or be an admin, my question is: Is it possible to put the information of my new printer on the wiki or not anymore?
Re: How do i create a wiki?
January 27, 2016 11:28PM
The admins recently had to disable new account creation on the wiki, because of a persistent spam attack. I can check and see if we can enable it again.
January 28, 2016 12:30AM
Also certain front pages are locked, or morel-less scoundrels try and add the latest rip off printer they are flogging to the front page.
January 28, 2016 12:48AM
Oh thank you. I have one last question while i wait. Can we write the info in Spanish or does it has to be in english?
It will be easier in Spanish but we can certainly do both.
January 28, 2016 01:34AM
Bugeo
Can we write the info in Spanish or does it has to be in english?
It can be in Spanish. There are many pages in Spanish (see for example Proyecto Clone Wars).

Ideally you would make two pages, one in English and one in Spanish. Make the English page first, even if there are only a few words there. Then add "/es" to the end of the page link, and then you can create the Spanish version. By adding the "/es" the wiki automatically links the two pages together (if I remember correctly).
January 29, 2016 01:34AM
Hi, wiki account creation has been re-enabled.
January 29, 2016 03:43AM
Thank you very much again. I´ll start working on it first time tomorrow.
January 29, 2016 06:34AM
And instantly the spammers are back creating BS pages...

[reprap.org]
[reprap.org]
[reprap.org]::::::::

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2016 06:47AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login