Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP! Send multiple G/M code from LCD Panel for Change Filament?

Posted by hisham1790 
HELP! Send multiple G/M code from LCD Panel for Change Filament?
February 07, 2016 12:14PM
Hi ,
I got a problem here. I would like to make a new Change Filament Tab in the start up menu in the LCD panel. I found M600 code really useful but it didnt rise the temperature value.
1) How do i write the code in ultralcd.cpp to increase the nozzle temperature to a certain temperature and then run the M600 code.

here are few try i did but it didnt work.
1) This is the original MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_FILAMENTCHANGE, PSTR("M600"));
2) I try MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_FILAMENTCHANGE, PSTR("M104 S250 M600")); DIDNT WORK
MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_FILAMENTCHANGE, PSTR("M104 S250 ,M600")); DIDNT WORK
MENU_ITEM(gcode, MSG_FILAMENTCHANGE, PSTR("M600"));DIDNT WORK
During the arduino compilation, it said the PTSR cant have more than 2 value. So basically, how do we send two type M code in one single click button in the LCD panel?
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Re: HELP! Send multiple G/M code from LCD Panel for Change Filament?
February 07, 2016 04:54PM
It's very easy to do that using RepRapFirmware and PanelDue. You just put a file containing those gcodes in the /macros folder of the SD card, then it automatically appears on the menu. But you haven't said what firmware and LCD panel you are using, and from the code extract you posted I am guessing that you are using either Marlin or some other firmware that you have to recompile whenever you want to change something.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 10, 2016 01:44AM
Im using Marlin 1.02. Its quite old to be honest. I am curious about Panel Due. Does it have better LCD panel display than the others? In terms of price wise?
Can you show us the snapshot for the Change of Filament in PanelDue?
February 10, 2016 05:27AM
PanelDue is quite unlike the usual LCD panels. It is a colour graphics touch screen, with a choice of 4.3, 5 and 7 inch screen sizes. It has its own processor so as to avoid overloading the one in the printer electronics. It also provides an on-screen keyboard, allowing you to enter almost any gcode. Of course, it costs a lot more than the usual dumb LCD panels.

You can see some photos of it at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]. Your filament change command would be accessed by pressing the Macros button on the Control page. That would pop up a menu of the macros you have defined.

However, Marlin doesn't yet have the necessary gcode support for PanelDue. Repetier does have most of it.

Full disclosure: I designed the PanelDue, I have it manufactured for me, and I sell it both directly and through distributors.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 17, 2016 07:57AM
You need to write a function with all your gcodes and call it from the menu. F.E.

static void unload_filament(){
enquecommand("G91");
enquecommand("G92 E0");
enquecommand("G1 E-5 F200");
enquecommand("G1 E-750 F1000");
enquecommand("G1 E-100 F200");
enquecommand("G90");
enquecommand("G92 E0")
}

MENU_ITEM(function, MSG_UNLOAD_FILAMENT, unload_filament);
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login