Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerbot 3G and firmware question

Posted by AgeingHippy 
Makerbot 3G and firmware question
October 06, 2010 07:09AM
Hi All

I have pre-assembeled Makerbot 3G electronics (purchased about 4 months ago).

I am approaching the point where I will need to start working on the electronics and was wondering if I need to update the firmware on the motherboard if I wish to run with the latest stable version of Reprap Host.

I will be using a stepper motor using a geared extruder and I am aware Makerbot use a servo motor(?) so will need to take this into account as well.

Cheers for any advice.
VDX
Re: Makerbot 3G and firmware question
October 06, 2010 07:32AM
AFAIK the Makerbot-boards are programmed for use with ReplicatorG and DC-motor, so for RepRap-Host and stepper you have to change the firmware on the motherboard and the extruder ...

Are the boards from Makerbot or another manufacturer?

For some of the cloned extruder-boards (not red in colour) you have to solder a short connection on two jumper-pads located left of the oszillator to connect GND with AGND, or it won't work properly ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 06, 2010 08:41AM
Hi Viktor

I purchased the pre-assembled boards from Makerbot.

Cheers
VDX
October 06, 2010 08:43AM
... OK, so they're preprogrammed for ReplicatorG and you have to replace the firmware for RepRap-host only ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login