Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Excelvan ABS and PLA question

Posted by bizit524 
Excelvan ABS and PLA question
March 29, 2016 05:04PM
Hey guys.
I was curious if anybody has ordered for themselves and tested any ABS and PLA from excelvan. I just wanted to know your opinion on it. I know its really cheap and actually I have ordered many reels of PLA from them and 1 reel of ABS.
Reason I am asking is I started using the ABS and it seems alright however I wanted to make a slurry of it with acetone to it would stick better. I have put some small chunks of it in there for 2 day and it has done ALMOST nothing. it's not breaking down. it does clump together but doesn't deform. It prints like ABS and the temp range is ABS. Another thing I noticed is I have left it out for about a month which in theory it would absorb water and create bad prints. .... however I started using it without drying it and it works perfectly fine no popping or spurting from the nozzle...
The other characteristics are right as well, you have to have a hot bed temp of 105 and if you print in a non heated chamber it will delaminate
is this actually ABS can anybody else provide input on this?
needless to say I am confused on this one
here is a link
[www.ebay.co.uk]
Re: Excelvan ABS and PLA question
March 29, 2016 05:26PM
Maybe your acetone is some kind of safe 21st century mixture that barely works?

Try braking a piece of it. If it whitens then it should be ABS.

I have not had a problem leaving ABS outside the bag for months if not half a year.
March 30, 2016 02:24AM
I use the excelvan PLA, yes it is cheap, but it also prints great and is now my goto brand for PLA. Not tried the ABS version yet.
March 30, 2016 02:04PM
I've just started using it no complaints so far. Will put some abs version into acetone (I've got proper 99.9% acetone) and see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login