Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Complete Calibration Printer Geeetech I3 Pro B

Posted by veromero 
Complete Calibration Printer Geeetech I3 Pro B
March 30, 2016 10:37AM
Hi!! I'm new using the 3D Printer Geeetech I3 Pro B and I want to know if someone have a full description of calibration steps for this printer. I level the bed with the paper method but there are other things like "Extruder calibration in the firmware with the correct steps per mm of filament", that I don't know how to do, and furthermore how can i know if Belts are taut enough?, the movement of the motors seems correctly, but I don't know if, for little movements and more precision, the belts are taut enough.
I print some simple structures and I have problems with the first layer, the material deposited its not enough, the others layers don't have that problem.

Please help me thank you!
Re: Complete Calibration Printer Geeetech I3 Pro B
March 30, 2016 01:09PM
Extruder calibration is pretty simple. You need to heat the hot end to the temperature you print at. Then extrude a known amount of filament and measure how much filament is pushed through the extruder. If they match you are good. If not, you need to change the steps per mm for your extruder till the amount commanded and amount extruded match.

First layer problems are generally due to your Z endstop being set too high. You want to test the height after homing the Z axis and make sure it's no more than the thickness of a piece of paper.
Re: Complete Calibration Printer Geeetech I3 Pro B
March 30, 2016 01:10PM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

This link has a calibration guide that is a good starting point: [reprap.org]

I like the belts to have a little bit of 'twang' to them, definitely no slack that you can move along the length of the belt by hand. The belts are very strong and can tolerate quite high tension, but your frame may not be able to cope, so watch out for distortion causing the bearings to bind as you tighten the belts.

Post some pictures of the first layer problem and people will be able to make suggestions, but don't worry too much until you've been through the calibration process.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login