Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please help me with q3d oneup settings

Posted by agent020 
Please help me with q3d oneup settings
May 26, 2016 02:15AM
Hi everyone, my name is Tom. The other day I was super excited when I saw q3d oneup 3d printer in a store near my house. As low budget as I am, this printer was like a gift from God!

However, when I brought it home, I failed to make it work. I carefully follow online instructions and managed to complete mechanical parts. But when I finished wiring, started connecting the printer to PC via USB cable and launched Repetier host, the green LED light turn on but it kept sending out the message "no start signal detected - forcing start" then "communication timeout reset send buffer block".

I tried to change baud rate from the lowest to the highest. The same problem occurred again. Even though I downgrade receive cache from 127 to 63 or Send emergency command dtr high--low

I do notice that when I change baud rate to 250000, another error message came out :"Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)". . At first I thought the thermistor was defective, but I read on the internet and people said thermistor was rarely damaged. Additionally,with other baud rate, it was connected but again "no start signal" nightmare came out instead

I was freaking frustrated that I wanted to kill off myself, no kidding. Then I disassembled everything and I just realized that Repetier has a forum. Then I assembled the RAMs and power supply again.

Please take a look at the pictures I included and kindly tell me if I did wiring correctly. As a newbie as I am, I have no idea what was the extruder heater, thermistor since the intruction from q3d only has diagram, no real photo. I don't even know how to see eeprom settings since it keeps grey out.

Assuming my wiring was correct, please tell me how to fix the proble with "no signal" and/ or "commucation timeout" or m99 error message. Please kindly give me any advice you could think of. I do beg of you. Please save this sorry life of mine. Thank you ever so much!!!!

[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
[imgur.com]
Re: Please help me with q3d oneup settings
May 26, 2016 07:43AM
Image 1 - So the power supply wiring looks okay, I can't see the markings on the terminals of your power supply but assuming + and - are the right way around, they are correct onto the ramps board. Try to do a neater job with the right hand wire, these are high current wires which run to your heated bed (11A @ 12v) and badly made connections are causes of fires.

Image 2 - hot end thermistor looks right (polarity doesn't matter).

Image 3- Hot end heater cartridge - strip the braiding and insulation off these wires, I find rolling the wire along the blade of a craft knife removes it nicely (and probably some of your finger too). Again polarity is not important. Make sure these connectors which go into D10 are properly secured. The recommended method is to crimp a ferrule onto them, avoid tinning them with a soldering iron.

image 4 - not sure what you are showing us here?

Please don't kill yourself instead throw the printer a wall hard smiling smiley

3D printing is in the early stages deeply frustrating and time consuming, but hugely satisfying when it all hooks-up and works. Later on its less high's and low's, you solve problems more easily, but are less impressed with your prints.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 07:45AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
May 26, 2016 10:25AM
Thank you for your reply! Looks like my wiring was acceptable at least. Any idea on how to deal with error messages, please?
May 26, 2016 01:34PM
You stated that you got another error message when you set the baud rate to 250000, which might reflect that's the baudrate your machine is setup for.

I've gotten that same error message when the thermistor isn't plugged in, or I have a different one configured in the firmware than what I actually have. You might want to check you have the thermistor connected to the right pins as the ramps board has two or three sets of pins for thermistors.
May 26, 2016 02:05PM
Thanks for your reply. I have tried all sets of pins, all positions but same error message came out. Now that I heard that it could be the marlin settings? Can anyone please give the correct marlin settings for q3d oneup and where to download it?
May 26, 2016 04:24PM
Not sure about that, there may be a firmware for this printer available via the manufacturer. Or you can configure marlin yourself, it takes time but you learn about the machine in the process.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
May 26, 2016 05:37PM
Google is your friend. I found a Github repo with the forked Marlin Firmware for the OneUp and TwoUp machines. I've also run into what looks like support forums for the machine specifically. You might be able to find some more information regarding your thermistor or firmware setup with either of those links.
May 26, 2016 08:18PM
Thanks for your advice, guys. Unfortunately this manufacturer 's support does not exist since I have submitted a ticket for one week but nobody ever cared. I tried to modify marlin as you suggested but no luck, also, the support forum from fabric8r does not allow me to register so there's no way to start a topic to ask them. Really frustrating and sorrow days in my life ao far.
May 26, 2016 08:25PM
What operating system are you using? Windows 10 have some issues connecting via usb port, also did you installed the drivers for your mainboard?
May 26, 2016 09:55PM
I'm using windows 10. Talking about driver, I downloaded the serial install from [pjrc.com] and installed it. Did I do it correctly? I tried install repetier and arduino in another PC using windows 7, no luck still tho...
May 26, 2016 11:44PM
Read here:

[forums.reprap.org]

Windows 10 have the same restrictions so maybe you can fix the problem, but from what I have read so many other issues may cause your problems.

If after trying that fix it doesn't work, my advice to you will be purchasing a mega 2560 and ramps 1.4 via Aliexpress and change the board, it will be easier to flash firmware, add LCD and better support from the forums.

Sorry that I cannot help you more.

Sometimes cheap isn't better.
May 27, 2016 01:59AM
Thank you so much for your great help. Still no luck for me but I do appreciate it. Guess I will have to buy new ramps and arduino from amazon since they ship faster. Probably new hot end and thermistor as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login