Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper only runs in control panel, gcode?

Posted by Anthong Redbeard 
Stepper only runs in control panel, gcode?
November 29, 2010 09:14PM
I'm still trying random things but if anyone can save me some more hassle I'd appreciate it.

So, I rebuilt my extruder, had to replace a extruder controller etc. I get everything running in the control panel, stepper moves in both directions stuff heats etc.

When I run Replicator G (tried .18 and .2x) generate gcode and build it moves around as if it's doing its thing but the stepper never runs. I'm also not sure of the path it's showing, it looks like an outline and not a full layer but I haven't let it dry run long enough to be sure.

I'm assuming that since everything works well in the control panel that gcode generation must be my issue. I've tried old and new version of skeinforge, made sure my pwn setting is the same as what I use in the control panel.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm going to try other software combinations.
Re: Stepper only runs in control panel, gcode?
November 30, 2010 12:17AM
Try this Version:
[wiki.protospace.nl]

Mfg
Wolfgang
Aller Anfang war schwer - Wolfstrap Reprap-fab.org Meine Meinung

Erfahrungen kann man leider schlecht weiter geben, die muss man selber machen.
November 30, 2010 07:01AM
Thanks, I'm crippled by English, can you tell me which link on that page you are suggesting?
December 03, 2010 08:17PM
I tried many versions including yours and .21 I keep getting the same thing. what baffles me is that it works fine in the control panel
What do you have in your gcode?

M108 S200
M108 R5

or something like that? you need both M108 lines if you are running the stepper from the extruder controller. Use the same values you are using in control panel. It has been a long time since I tried running it from the extruder controller as I prefer using an external stepper driver.

Rick
December 04, 2010 06:30PM
Thanks Rick, This is the first time I paid much attention to the gcode generated and have found many thtings I can manually manipulate in it.

This helps me troubleshoot a lot, and I'm making progress.

the new .22 replicator G generates several different gcode issues for me, but editing the gcode is a big step in troubleshooting... now I just have to keep it from doing some of the odd things...

it turns out that it was creatin a bunch of extra movements before starting the print, that's why the stepper wasn;t moving.
Re: Stepper only runs in control panel, gcode? [RESOLVED]
December 12, 2010 02:38PM
just in case someone else runs into this...

there was a start file that was being referenced in skeinforge that had homing stuff turned on.

there was also some start code that turned off the extruder but didn't turn it back on

then I found that a skeinforge plugin called cool was "oribiting" inbetween completeing layers, which is why my extruder was off and it did a bunch of dry run squares.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login