Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LaserCut Mendel Build... Does this look right?

Posted by blktoptrvl 
LaserCut Mendel Build... Does this look right?
December 11, 2010 12:28AM
I have just finished the basic mechanical build of my LaserCut Mendel. There were many steps along the way where I was not sure I was putting it together correctly (no detailed instructions).

So before I start the final balancing and locking down the nuts with locktite, I would appreciate it if people who have sucessfully built machines would let me know if you see anything wrong in these pictures.

Thanks

Re: LaserCut Mendel Build... Does this look right?
December 11, 2010 03:06PM
Hello again,

I see plenty of reads. but not comments. So I guess I will assume it is correct so far.

My problem going forward is that I have no idea how the springs are supposed to support the bed. Does anyone have a picture?
December 11, 2010 03:44PM
I have taken the frog plate out again because I just cannot understand what the reason for the gap between the plate and the bearing is for. It seems that if I remove this gap by bolting the plate directly to the bearing carriers it will give me more clearance.

Does anyone have any input in this? Any help would be appreciated!

December 11, 2010 08:00PM
I don't have a LaserCut, but from what I understand it's much the same plan as a Mendel.

If that's the case, then I think those bearing assemblies need to be upside down.

Basically, on a Mendel the frog goes under the plastic bearing assemblies, and with the 3-bearing assemblies, there is a single bearing sitting on top of the rail, and two sitting under it on each side.

This should also give you more clearance.
December 12, 2010 10:20AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login