Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap build

Posted by morrist 
Reprap build
December 25, 2010 03:34PM
Hello all,

i posted on here for the first time maybe 6 months ago or so about the reprap mendel. I have finally bought a kit and the rp parts. My frame is nearing completion. I have the techzone electronics kit for my reprap. I wanted to run a few questions by everyone before i start my build. First, the electronics should be pre programmed, so hopefully i can skip the step. My first step i believe is to download the host software, along with all the prerequisite programs . after this, and the electronics are wired, is the machine ready to be plugged in and used? Thanks for your help,

Morrist
Re: Reprap build
December 25, 2010 06:08PM
You may have to adjust the settings for your STL to Gcode program (IE skeinforge, repsnapper, etc). You may also have to adjust the alignment of the guide rods at each axis if they are not squared up well enough. Once the software is installed and every thing is wired, you should be far enough along for a test run though.
December 26, 2010 12:08AM
hey,

still working on my build, looking at the software side. On the wiki, it says i need to download the sanguino add on for the arduino environment. When i go to the sanguino link, i can't seem to find anywhere that mentions this or where to download it. thanks

morrist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2010 12:46AM by morrist.
neooen419
December 29, 2010 01:29AM
On the sanguino website if you click software you should be set.
December 29, 2010 04:32AM
i had the same issue when trying to mod maker-bot firmware. you need arduino ide located here [arduino.cc] . i think ide18 is the latest supported and then this location has the files to download [sanguino.cc]

currently supports windows, Linux, and mac

instructions are located in the files downloaded.

there is arduino.cc and sanguino.cc the files add software support to ide for wiring pins and for the second serial comms.

another thing, i seem to have trouble compiling sanguino code, without first copying over the libraries folders in the reprap host mendel firmware folder.

best of luck!
December 31, 2010 01:16PM
Hey all,

MY reprap is 99% done with the mechanical construction. I have just downloaded the reprap software from the wiki. When i try to run the reprap.bat file, the command window comes up, and there seems to be an error that prevents it from running. I don't exactly know alot about programming, but i am willing to learn. but if someone could explain to me what these things mean, it would be greatly appreciated. I am running 32 bit windows xp. here is what the command window is saying.

c:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop>java -cp".\reprap.jar;.RXTXcomm.jar;.\j3dcore.jar;.\j3d-org-java3d-all.jar;.\ j3dutils.jar;.\swing-layout-1.0.3.jar;.\vecmath.jar;." -Xmx1024 org/reprap/main
exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFound/Error: org/reprap/main
caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/reprap/main
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass
at sun.misc.launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass< Unknown Source>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal

c:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop> if ERRORLEVEL 1 pause
press any key to continue...

after i press a key it ends and closes the command window. Previous to this, i installed the jre 5 update. It seems to me that there is a problem with the jre, but i have no idea how to resolve any of this or what it means. If you can help me with this, it would be much appreciated.

Morrist
December 31, 2010 01:19PM
all of the at java lines should have the < unknown source > after them, it won't appear in the post for some reason. with the exception of at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged < Native Method >

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 01:20PM by morrist.
December 31, 2010 08:53PM
try also reinstalling this.

[java3d.dev.java.net]

this will fix java3d program. that program also is used and called, because of 3d graphics. i seem to remember having this problem a year or so ago. this fixed it.

here also is reprap host troubleshooting page [reprap.org]

another option, not trying to nudge you at all, repsnapper works well for setup. it is here [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login