Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A warning about 3dfilaprint.com

Posted by Nikki81 
A warning about 3dfilaprint.com
August 08, 2016 04:57PM
I have used 3dfilaprint.com since early 2015 and ordered a lot from the but last week i had problems with a spool of reprapper tech black 1.75mm pla so i contacted 3dfilaprint and i was asked to send my spool back for testing at the cost of £2.85 postage they have tested today and said it is fine (Its not it prints like it is mostly recycled material ) and if i want my spool back i have to send them £2.85 postage cost or collect it ! the prints were brittle and layers would not adhere at any setting on my perfectly setup p3steel the first picture is the 3dfilaprint.com reprapper tech black 1.75mm pla and the second picture is rigid.ink 1.75mm with my standered settings that has printed perfectly. Time for me to find a new supplier sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2016 04:58PM by Nikki81.
Re: A warning about 3dfilaprint.com
August 10, 2016 03:49PM
The problem with reports like this is that neither the supplier nor any of us has any way of knowing if you were experiencing printer, filament, or operator problems. Unfortunately, the pictures are small and dark and it is impossible to use them for comparison. Even if they were better, comparing pictures doesn't usually allow anyone to determine the source of the problem, only that a problem exists.

I think they made a reasonable effort to support your claim.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
August 11, 2016 04:46AM
I made a complaint to filaprint not that long ago about black reprapper tech PLA. The complaints procedure was a bit of a pain (had to send it back like you) but the guy who handled it was friendly and responsive the whole time. I'd use them again just for that.

The PLA itself was not great. It had the consistency of tar when it came out the hot end, stuck to everything and would blob and ruin print quality. Tolerance was not as advertised, I can't remember my Tolerances now on it but they were quite a wide range. Overall I was not happy with it, but I cannot complain about filaprint them self.
August 11, 2016 04:12PM
Perhaps their standards are so low, that any filament would pass their inspection. The least they should have done was to return the OPs spool without charging shipping.

I for one won't buy anything from them based on this thread.
August 11, 2016 05:14PM
just wanted to say iv used a fair bit of reprapper stuff from 3dfilaprint and also tested a lot of there filaments in the past for printing 3D benches for them.
the reprapper filament that they supply (and note iv had reprapper filament from other suppliers thats not stored correctly and is brittle, at least these guys look after it) needs to be printed hotter then normal and also needs to be measured and settings changed in your slicer as its a budget filament.

yes its not the best filament BUT its cheap and its not going to be on par with stuff like colorfabb or formfutara its nearly half the price of there spools and with filament you truly get what you pay for ! If you want better filament buy better filament form them they have it in there store.

I personally use the cheap stuff for prototypes then use better filament (formfutara or polymaker) for final prints.
August 11, 2016 06:55PM
reprappertech filament is cheap and cheerful. As Enlightx mentions you get what you pay for with filament and reprappertech is one of the better budget filaments, but is still budget range.

It is not worth flaming a supplier just because you got a bad roll. Who knows, it might have even been your machine having a glitch - everybody's machine is "perfect".

The guys at 3dfilaprint do a great job, work on small margins, and you get great value. I have never had a problem with them. Even if I did, I would drop them because I know it would be a very rare one-off incident.

@nikki81 as you say youve been getting great value since early 2015. Should also point out you present two different parts printed in two different planes. Experience tells me that many things could actually be the issue here. Had they found anything wrong with your filament I am sure they would have replaced it (and probably provided some freebie as a compo gesture for your troubles)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login