Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Different thickness in same part

Posted by carletto73 
Different thickness in same part
September 06, 2016 09:24AM
Hallo,
I drawn and developed a flying wing fully printed. See here

I'm looking for a solution to change the robustness in some part of the piece that I have to print.
Normally I use CuraEngine of Repetier and I can setting thickness of perimeter and thickness of top/bottom, but this is common for all part of the piece that I have to print. I'm looking for a slicer able to change these two parameters in different point of the part, For example, close to the motor I would like to have an infill of 20% and 2 perimeters, instead in other position 3% and just one perimeter to save weight.

Please let me know
Ciao
Carlo
Re: Different thickness in same part
September 07, 2016 06:57AM
If memory serves, :- Not sure about perimeters but in Slic3r you can partition the model and apply different infill's. I think you can use different z heights for the layers as well
You will have to search the web to find some info.
You have to be in slic3r, import the model, draw a box/volume over the area you want different and specify the appropriate parameters. Then slice and save the code.
It can't be done from a host program.
Re: Different thickness in same part
September 07, 2016 02:27PM
this is a duplicate post so heres the answer from the other post.

[slic3r.org]

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login