Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello, first wanhao, problem?

Posted by collective itch 
Hello, first wanhao, problem?
November 17, 2016 03:27PM
hi my first post on here. Had a min fabricator, wanted something with larger bed etc, so went for a duplicator i3 plus. Ive had a couple of successful prints, but i have what i can only assume is a faulty sd card reader. Just pushing it in till it clicks, pushing the print button on display, doesn't do anything apart form beep. If i wiggle the sd card, or hold it, it tends to work. This is far from ideal, is this a known problem on these. Also the touch screen is hard to to navigate to different files on the sd card, and is pot luck which one starts to print. if at all. Is this something i can fix, or do i have a faulty unit? thanks
Re: Hello, first wanhao, problem?
November 17, 2016 09:55PM
Before assuming a faulty reader be sure to test several SD cards, also either the size or format of the card can lead to problems. If after testing few cards is still showing same problem then contact your seller and ask for a replacement.
November 18, 2016 06:03AM
ggherbaz
Before assuming a faulty reader be sure to test several SD cards, also either the size or format of the card can lead to problems. If after testing few cards is still showing same problem then contact your seller and ask for a replacement.

thanks, i will pick up a new card. Any recommendations?I tried a scan disk card i had lying around, but can't get ti too work in the printer. Also i believe i formatted the card in the same format as the one that came with the printer. But this card was not being read at all by the printer at all. Is it because I'm formatting them in my MacBook? Thanks
November 18, 2016 11:51AM
Unfortunately don't have a MAC to verify it, but I don't think will cause problems, usually any card at or under 4G formatted as fat 32 should work (no SDHC).

Also check the wiring since it might affect the reader functions if it was plugged wrong.
November 18, 2016 02:42PM
thank you, quite hard to find any cards under 8 gig in shop, so will need to order one online. Did not realise needed to at or under 4 gig.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login