Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to buy Anet A2/A6/A8

Posted by Bigbirddk 
What to buy Anet A2/A6/A8
November 20, 2016 10:38AM
Hey smiling smiley

I've been looking to buy a 3D printer for the last year i think, and now I want to buy myself a christmas present.

I have been reading quite alot on different brands and models, and for the price and quality, it seems as the Anet A6 is the way to go.
And I'm not affraid of tinkering and putting it together myself, as I'm used to RC stuff.

I live in Denmark, so I need the 230V edition (I can't seem to find if there are 2 versions, or the PSU is autoswitching...)

Searching on Aliexpress (It seems to be the place to buy them?), I find MANY versions.
  • Is there multiple versions, like a 2015 and a 2016, or is it simply the different sellers, that uses different topic, but try and promote their sale ?
  • Do they all come with the same extruder ?
  • And I would prefer to have autoleveling.
  • Nozzle size is 0,4 milimeter, but can be requested as 0,2 or 0,3. Smaller well be more precies I guess, but probably much slower ? Is the A2/A6 preceise enough to use 0,2 or 0,3 ? Or should I stick with 0,4 default, and then later try a different nozzle ?

I was previously hooked on A6, but A2 seems to be stronger and less things to adjust ?
Also it seems as support is easier for the A8 than the A2/A6

I THINK, I'm for the A2, due to the metalframe and optional larger print bed, otherwise the A6 due to possitive reviews...
Re: What to buy Anet A2/A6/A8
November 20, 2016 02:56PM
Stay away from Acrylic frames and melzy boards, metal frames are much better.

I've been looking the tevo tarantula for a while now and it offers a solid frame for a cheap price and the issues can be easily fix.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login