Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Suggestions for Hi-Temp Adhessive

Posted by Kurzaa 
Need Suggestions for Hi-Temp Adhessive
December 08, 2016 09:19AM
Looking for recommendations for a high temperature adhesive for backing my heated bed with a silicone baking mat for insulation.

Finally added a kapton tape heated bed to my printer, attaching the tape to a copper wafer I picked up at the Midwest RepRap Festival a few years ago. With a sheet of glass on top, it worked great so far in the few tests I have attempted. However, I am not sure about the heat resistance of the rubber feet on my FSR sensors which the bed sits upon and the tape I used to hold to the thermistor to the bed didn't last long.

I have heard of using cork board to insulate heated beds, improving performance, and decided to try attaching a sheet of silicone to the bottom, eventually settling on a round baking mat good to a few hundred degrees. Was thinking originally of finding some 3M spray adhesive for hi-temp conditions, but the best I found online so far was some kind of copper sealant for engine gaskets. Looking for recommendations from the audience.
Re: Need Suggestions for Hi-Temp Adhessive
December 08, 2016 10:13AM
Gizmo Dorks 3M 468MP Adhesive Transfer Tape Sheets 12" x 12" (5-Pack) [www.amazon.com]
December 08, 2016 12:07PM
Did not consider an adhesive sheet, but that looks like it might be perfect. Plus it appears Gizmo Dorks also have 6 1/2 inch and 8 inch round sheets for my application. Thanks for the help.
December 08, 2016 12:11PM
Glad it helped. I used this stuff to place my printbite sheet before they started adding an adhesive backing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login