Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

replicatorG + RAMPS + Ubuntu

Posted by Anthong Redbeard 
replicatorG + RAMPS + Ubuntu
February 15, 2011 06:02AM
I have been playing with Repsnapper and really don't like it compared to ReplicatorG. I never had much luck with the Host software either.

However, I can make it work with Repsnapper without a problem on /dev/ttyACM0 but when I try loading 5d firmware for RAMPS and using that same port in the machines config for ReplicatorG it says it can't connect to the port.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

thanks.
Re: replicatorG + RAMPS + Ubuntu
February 16, 2011 01:11AM
i am running into an issue with ramps with the tonokip firmware on the new 2560, and repsnapper i should try 5d to see if that one works any better for me.

i have read there can be a firmware issue with the usb to serial chip, but i am finding the steps on how to compile hard to follow.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
February 16, 2011 09:55AM
I can make repsnapper and RAMPS work with tonokip firmware, if you have the ultimachine ramps board use johhnys copy of it, even after I got that one working I tried others and they had issues. I tried loading the 5D firmware as well, but could make Host software OR replicator G talk to it. I suggest making the repsnapper+tonokip firmware your starting point... make sure you set the port to 115200
February 16, 2011 02:08PM
i have no issues with my older arduino mega, it works fine. its just with the 2560 that i am tunning into issues with. i have even tried setting the firmware to other speeds a few times. the kicker is that if i use ther serial monitor in the arduino software, it will connect. so i am not sure where my issue is i am thinking i may have installed a driver wrong though not sure how i could have messed that one up.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
February 16, 2011 10:40PM
They just came out with a firmware update tutorial for this yesterday: [arduino.cc]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login