Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where are the Mendel syringe Extruders?

Posted by Anthong Redbeard 
Where are the Mendel syringe Extruders?
March 04, 2011 02:56PM
now that I'm printing great, I don;t want the project to end... I want to make a syringe extruder where I can extrude just about anything that will squirt from a syringe. I know BFB can do it and Makerbot sells a kit, but the couple of pages I found in the reprap wiki were incomplete.

Does anyone know a good starting point for materials and models to build a syringe extruder to mount on my PRusa Mendel?

thanks.
VDX
Re: Where are the Mendel syringe Extruders?
March 04, 2011 03:06PM
... have you seen my paste dispenser?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 04, 2011 03:46PM
This one looks very promising [www.youtube.com]

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Seems like a simple peristaltic pump would be pretty easy, and would lend itself naturaly to a bowden type delivery system.

Bryan
March 04, 2011 07:13PM
yeah, I saw the video... and these pages:
[objects.reprap.org]
[objects.reprap.org]

I thought the RJ one looked promising, but I haven't found a parts list od model files anywhere to start from. of course I can start from the concept and makerbot solution, just not sure if that was the furtherst I could get before experimenting.
Rhys Jones
March 05, 2011 02:35AM
If you want to give my one a go the files are in the repository. Ill update the wiki when I have a second. At the moment it's only been tested with the gen3 firmware.

The parts are here: [reprap.svn.sourceforge.net]

As far as firmware goes it's just a flag to turn on in the fiveD extruded firmware(standard release)
March 05, 2011 05:35PM
thanks a lot RJ... I'll give it a try... you have any hints on where to get the little air compressors?
March 07, 2011 06:01AM
Hi Anthong,

You can find the details to build a paste extruder as seen in the video linked by nophead here: reprap paste extruder

You will find there a 3dpdf file so you can see what parts are needed. I didn't uploaded it on the reprap wiki page because I want to modify it a little bit and may be to lower the metalic parts count. If you have a NEMA17 then the paste extruder will not cost you more than 10 euros. What I have uploaded on thingiverse works exactly like in the videos.

regards,

ioan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login