Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Power Switch Anet A8

Posted by Danielmaslia 
Power Switch Anet A8
May 15, 2017 08:32PM
I have an Anet a8 that has worked really well for me and I want to install a switch like this one. [www.amazon.com]. I just don't know how to do it. I have looked everywhere and I cant find an easy to understand wiring diagram. I have wired things like this in the past, but I'm just afraid to really do anything just incase. All I want is to wire a switch that I can use to turn on and off my printer with without unplugging it.
Re: Power Switch Anet A8
May 16, 2017 06:07AM
Yes you can add this between the mains voltage power input to the power supply and a 3 pin "kettle" lead. Or why not buy a plug in RCD/GFI device, plug your printer into it, and use its test and reset buttons as the switch. Then you are also protected from a mains leak in your psu etc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2017 06:13AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions

May 16, 2017 09:30AM
DjDemonD
Yes you can add this between the mains voltage power input to the power supply and a 3 pin "kettle" lead. Or why not buy a plug in RCD/GFI device, plug your printer into it, and use its test and reset buttons as the switch. Then you are also protected from a mains leak in your psu etc...
[attachment 94243 IMG_20170516_111204Large.jpg]
Sorry. Newbie question. Don't really know much about this stuff but what do I use to connect the switch to the wall?
May 16, 2017 10:42AM
What about using something like this instead?

[www.amazon.com]
May 16, 2017 10:43AM
Or something like this to avoid electric shocks
[www.amazon.com]

If you use the 3 pin outlet in the original post you need an IEC "kettle" lead.
[www.amazon.com]

Obviously with the correct mains plug on the end depending on where you live.
Seriously consider the RCD/GFI type device, you get everything you need, a switch and a safety circuit to kill the power if the mains shorts against anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2017 10:45AM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
May 16, 2017 02:38PM
Perhaps take a look at the reviews for this switch.... Lots of burnt plastic going on! Also, this uses a kettle lead. A very standard mains power connector. You can buy a kettle lead connector and make your own, or better yet buy a pre-made one. I'd normally say make your own to your own specs, but if you're not comfortable with basic wiring perhaps best to steer clear of DIY stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login